YORK SUBURBAN SCHOOL BOARD
REGULAR MONTHLY MEETING
FEBRUARY 27, 2012 - 7:30 PM
HIGH SCHOOL CAFETERIA
A G E N D A
- General Business
- Call to Order - Mr. DeHaas
- Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag
- Roll Call
- Public Comment
- Discussion and Action on Board Minutes - Approval of the Minutes of the Regular Board Meeting of January 23, 2012 and the Minutes of the Special Board Meeting & Planning Committee Meeting of February 13, 2012. [Approve as submitted/corrected]
- Treasurer's Report - Mr. Miller [Consent Agenda: Would any board member like any of these items considered separately or are there any questions on any of these items? If not, a motion to approve the below-mentioned items; second; and roll call vote]
- Approval of Treasurer's Report as of 01/31/2012 [File for audit] The Treasurer's Report, Summary Report and Check Summary are provided.
- Fund Account Reports showing balance as of 01/31/12
- Food Service Fund - $69,287.07
- Capital Reserve Fund - $224,741.24
- Capital Projects Fund-Bond Series of 2006 & 2007 - $1,284,292.31
- Payment of Bills
- General Fund-2011-12 - $1,496,228.79
- Food Service Fund - $135,339.02
- Capital Reserve Fund - $7,399.88
- Capital Projects Fund-Bond Series of 2006 & 2007 - $82,238.24
- Board President's Report - Mr. DeHaas
- Executive Session. The Board met in executive session following the February 13, 2012 Special Board Meeting & Planning Committee Meeting for the purpose of discussing personnel and/or legal issues.
- Superintendent's Report - Dr. Orban
- Student Enrollment Report. The Student Enrollment Report is provided.
- Congratulations to 2012 National Achievement Scholarship Program Finalist.
- Ahleah Miles, daughter of Luella Neiman.
- Congratulations to 2012 National Merit Finalists.
- Noah Baker, son of James and Amie Baker
- Daphne Blakey, daughter of Albert Blakey and Eleni Pournaras
- Brandon Leshchinskiy, son of Mike Leshchinskiy and Milana Leshinsky
- Justin Renjilian, son of Rev. Robert and Christy Renjilian
- Congratulations to Region IV/V State Orchestra Participant.
- Rose Crosset, daughter of Robert and Lisa Crosset
- York County Superintendents' Meeting at York County School of Technology.
- Proposed Middle School Schedule for 2012-13. [Motion and Vote]
- Student Board Representative Report - Mr. Hogg
- Academic Standards and Curriculum Committee Report - Mrs. Clancy
- The next Curriculum Committee meeting is scheduled May 17 at 3:45 PM.
- Communications Committee Report - Mrs. Schroeder
- The Communications Report and Activities Report are provided.
- The next Communications Committee meeting is scheduled March 5 at 6:00 PM.
- Facilities Committee Report - Ms. Leopold-Sharp
- The next Facilities Committee meeting is scheduled March 21 at 5:30 PM at Valley View Staff Development Room.
- Finance Committee Report - Mr. Miller
- Request for Proposal - Food Service Management Company. The administration is requesting permission to do an RFP for a Food Service Management Company contract for 2012-13. [Motion and Vote]
- Local Audit Report for Period Ending June 30, 2011.
- The next Finance Committee meeting is scheduled February 29 at 5:30 PM at Valley View Staff Development Room.
- Personnel Committee Report - Mrs. Shaffer
- Consent Agenda: You have before you the Personnel Report which includes employment, substitute teachers, and guest teachers. Would any board member like any of these items considered separately or are there any questions on any of these items? If not, the chair moves approval of the below-mentioned items; second; roll call vote.
- Recommend the appointment of Jessica Barley as Head Girls Basketball Coach at Step 4 of the 2012-13 Extracurricular Salary Schedule.
- Recommend the appointment of Caitlin Eckenrode as Junior Varsity Soccer Coach at the salary of $2,238 which represents Step 1 of the Extracurricular Salary Schedule.
- Recommend the appointment of Samantha Latham as Assistant Softball Coach at the salary of $2,239 which represents Step 1 of the Extracurricular Salary Schedule
- Recommend the appointment of Mark Neal as Assistant Volleyball Coach at the salary of $3,429 which represents Step 4 of the Extracurricular Salary Schedule.
- Request for Leave of Absence
- Recommend the Board rescind approval of the request of Holly Davis, Art Teacher at the High School, for an intermittent family medical leave under the Family and Medical Leave Act starting February 8, 2012.
- Recommend Board approval of the resignation of Robert Rudisill, Head Girls Basketball Coach, effective February 8, 2012.
- Recommend Board approval of the resignation of Heather Spangler, Food Service Employee at Valley View Elementary, effective March 9, 2012.
- Substitute Teachers and Guest Teachers
- Planning Committee Report - Ms. Leopold-Sharp
- High School Table Tennis Club Recommendation. The administration recommends approval of the High School Table Tennis Club Recommendation. [Motion and Vote]
- The next Planning Committee meeting is scheduled March 5 at 7:30 PM at the High School Cafeteria.
- Policy Review Committee Report - Ms. Bates
- The next Policy Review Committee meeting is scheduled March 13 at 3:45 PM.
- York Area Tax Bureau Report - Mr. Sears
- York County School of Technology - Mrs. Schroeder
- The Mini-Board Report dated January 26 is provided by the York County School of Technology Joint Operating Committee.
- Proposed 2012-13 Budget. The administration recommends approval of the resolution for the proposed 2012-13 Budget for York County School of Technology. [Motion and Vote]
- York Adams Academy Report - Mr. DeHaas
- Lincoln Intermediate Unit Board Report - Mr. Sears
- "...by Dawn's Early Light" outlining the highlights of the February 7 LIU Board Meeting is provided.
- Proposed 2012-13 General Operating Budget. The administration recommends approval of the resolution for the proposed 2012-13 General Operating Budget for the Lincoln Intermediate Unit. [Motion and Vote]
- Annual School Directors Election of Elect Members to the LIU Board of Directors. Ballots to vote for candidates for the LIU Board have been distributed to Board members in their folders for this evening. Ballots will be completed and collected at this time. State Board regulations require a signed ballot for all local Board members.
- Legislative Policy Committee Report - Mrs. Clancy
- Business Office Report - Mr. Younkin, Dr. Orban, Dr. Merkle, Dr. Maloney
- 2012-13 Budget Development. The administration will provide an update on the FY2012-13 budget development.
FY2012-13 Proposed Budget Changes
- Recognition of Visitors
THERE WILL BE AN EXECUTIVE SESSION IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWING THE MEETING.