YORK SUBURBAN SCHOOL BOARD
PLANNING COMMITTEE MEETING
APRIL 2, 2012 - 7:30 PM
HIGH SCHOOL CAFETERIA
A G E N D A
- Call to Order - Mr. DeHaas
- Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag - Mr. DeHaas
- Roll Call - Mr. Younkin
- Board President's Report - Mr. DeHaas
- Superintendent's Report - Dr. Orban
- Elementary Summer Camps Summer School Proposal Discussion.
- Kindergarten Enrollment
- Committee Reports
- Academic Standards and Curriculum Committee Report - Mrs. Clancy
- The next Curriculum Committee meeting is scheduled May 17 at 3:45 PM.
- Communications Committee Report - Mrs. Schroeder
- The minutes of March 5 are provided.
- The next Communications Committee meeting is scheduled May 7 at 6:00 PM.
- Facilities Committee Report - Ms. Leopold-Sharp
- The minutes of March 21 are provided.
- Guaranteed Energy Savings Proposal Discussion. Johnson Controls will provide a summary on their recommended projects from the Guaranteed Energy Projects Study.
Executive Summary (this attachment was revised April 4, 2012)
Presentation (this attachment was revised April 4, 2012)
- Five Year Capital Maintenance Projects Discussion. The Director of Facilities will review the Five Year Capital Maintenance Budget.
Description of Summer Projects
- The next Facilities Committee meeting is scheduled April 25 at 5:30 PM.
- Finance Committee Report - Mr. Miller
- The next Finance Committee meeting is scheduled May 2 at 5:30 PM.
- Legislative Policy Committee - Mrs. Clancy
- PSBA Guidelines for Submitting Items for the 2013 Legislative Platform.
- Legislative Breakfast Meeting Agenda.
- Personnel Committee Report - Mrs. Shaffer
- Addendum to the Agreement - York Suburban Education Support Personnel Association Discussion. The administration recommends the acceptance of the Addendum to the Agreement to Appendix B, Part B, entitled "Wage Increases" for the remaining two years of the YSESPA Agreement and an extension of Article II titled "Duration" for one year through June 30, 2015.
- A Fireside Chat was held on March 12, 2012.
- The next Personnel Committee meeting is scheduled May 17 at 2:00 PM.
- Policy Review Committee Report - Ms. Bates
- The minutes of March 13 are provided.
- The next Policy Review Committee meeting is scheduled April 10 at 3:45 PM.
- Lincoln Intermediate Unit Report - Mr. Sears
- York Adams Academy - Mr. DeHaas
- York Area Tax Bureau Report - Mr. Sears
- York County School of Technology - Mrs. Schroeder
- Business Office Report - Mr. Younkin
- 2012-13 Budget Development. The administration will provide an update on the FY2012-13 budget development. Dr. Orban, Dr. Maloney, Dr. Merkle
Proposed Budget Changes
Guidance Position - Additional Information
- Comments and/or Questions from the Public
AN EXECUTIVE SESSION WILL BE HELD IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWING THE MEETING.